THE LEONARDO HARBOUR
The spectacular Palio della Cuccagna
The beautiful Canal Harbour is home to numerous fishing boats. The canal harbour, surrounded by the old-town centre of Cesenatico, can certainly be considered the main monument of the town. It was built in the early 14th century and, in 1502, became the object of attention of Leonardo da Vinci (the original drawings are kept in the National Library in Paris) who surveyed it and made a small drawing kept in a manuscript of his. The harbour docks are the real "streets" of the city, where much of the town’s social life still takes place and where visitors like to walk. It is here that the fishing boats are moored that mark the time in town with their trips out to sea .